70 x 7 The Meal act XXIV, Fundació Joan Miró
- Ref: 0633
- Edition run: Edition of 150, dated and signed by the artists.
The 26th act of Lucy + Jorge Orta’s ongoing banquets was staged at the Fundació Joan Miró in Barcelona in support of the ArtAids Foundation, to raise public consciousness and to encourage involvement in artistic projects aimed at preventing and fighting Aids.
A dinner for 77 guests was set with seven Limoges porcelain plates, each with different motifs. The artichoke is the artists' heart symbol, the spectrum are contextual colours that represent specific places or events that have moved them and the graphic measurements refer to gauges of social behaviour.
For complete set of seven plates: http://www.studio-orta.com/artwork_fiche.php?fk=&fs=23&fm=0&fd=0&of=1
- Dimensions: 27cm diametre
- Materials: Royal Limoges porcelain plate, 13 color enamel
- Catalogued: Lucy + Jorge Orta: Food Water Life. Princeton Architectural Press, NY, 2011. pp48-49
- Editor: ArtAids, Barcelona